SB 25 ASSETS Bill
SB 25 Update: SB 25 was signed into law on June 13, 2012.
This Act is also known as the Alaska Sustainable Strategy for Energy Transmission and Supply (ASSETS) Act.
An Act establishing the sustainable energy transmission and supply development program in the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority.
What the legislation does
Creates a loan participation program under the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority (AIDEA) to support and help finance economically viable energy infrastructure. http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/get_bill.asp?bill=SB%20%2025&session=27
AIPPA’s position on Regional Integrated Resource Plans
- Ensure the public process is open and encourages all sectors to participate including industrial users of electricity, mining operations, and independent power producers.
- Ensure that private capital and private investment solutions are an integral component of any finalized plan.
- Ensure that State Policy is followed to support and encourage private energy producers.
- Ensure that Integrated Resource Plans and Energy plans are integrated with regional economic plans and developments.
- Ensure that Independent Power Producers have access to markets and transmission lines.
- Ensure that the State Government reduces barriers to entry and unnecessary regulation that impedes rather than encourage private investment in solving regional energy problems.